Mark your calendars: April 11 & 12 and register today
Mark your calendars and plan to join your peers in Key Largo, Florida this April 11 and 12. Don’t miss this unique opportunity to “talk shop” with your fellow members at the Hilton Key Largo. All EMDA members, distributors, reps and associates are invited to participate. The EMDA Board has put together a full program agenda, while also building in leisure time. Most attendees should plan to arrive on Thursday, April 10. Business sessions will conclude by Noon on Saturday, April 12.
No other event provides a better environment for wholesalers of ag equipment to learn from others who share a commonality of purpose, operations, problems and goals . . . all in a much more relaxed atmosphere than that of the annual Fall Convention. The Spring Management Workshop continues to feature the kind of member interaction that has been perceived by past participants as the real value of Spring meetings and EMDA membership.
- Thursday, April 10: Plan to arrive in time for a Welcome Reception at 6:00p.
- Friday, April 11: Start off with a Member Breakfast, followed by two business sessions.
- Always a popular session, the Member on Display is a unique opportunity to learn about other distributor and rep members. Dick Price of Price Bros. Equipment Co., Wichita, Kansas has agreed to talk about his company – one of the charter members of FEWA back in 1945.
- Dan Salerno, Director of Sales for EDA, Charlotte, North Carolina, will discuss Ag Supply Chain Insight: Find New Opportunities and Increase Market Share. True market insight means having access to the cleanest, most comprehensive market data available. Data that not only guides your critical strategic decisions, but also leads you to the real sales opportunities. With EDA’s equipment-data platform of 2,220,987 buyers purchasing more than 5,447,779 combines, tractors, balers and more, you’ll have true insight. Learn how the insight that EDA brings to the table, can help distributors and reps make better decisions by exploiting market opportunities, supporting sales service and dealer strategies, and being informed about regional hot spots, growth trends and emerging markets.
- Friday concludes with a Reception & Dinner for all attendees.
- Saturday, April 12: This morning’s session focuses on business areas that affect all members. Gene Marks is a columnist, author and small business owner. His session – Opportunities and Growth: Economic, Political, and Tech Trends that will affect your Business Tomorrow – is one you won’t want to miss. As an outspoken weekly columnist for the New York Times, Forbes, Inc.com and The Huffington Post and a frequent guest on Fox, Fox Business, MSNBC and CNBC, Gene Marks brings a perspective to a business audience that is unique and refreshing . . . and entertaining. Gene does not just talk about the economy. He talks about how changes in the economy will affect your business and what actions you need to take to prepare. His non-partisan approach to the political scene helps you to understand the facts, without emotions, so you can make the right decisions for the long term. He discusses trends in technology, management themes, healthcare reform and the latest tools and services available for business executives to help you grow your company. He asks his audience: what decisions should we making now that will affect our companies in the future? Because if you’re not generating a sufficient number of leads today you’re not going to be able to fund your company tomorrow. If you’re not thinking all the time about ways to increase revenues and grow your business then there probably won’t be any business some day in the future. If you think that your employees are as happy and productive as they’ll ever be then this is where you’ll always be. If you’re not always wondering about ways to reduce overhead and lower your costs then someday someone is going to come along and outthink you. If you’re not managing your cash the right way today then you’ll be missing a bunch of it when you’ll one day really need it. If you’re not keeping up with technology then you’re going to fall behind. And if you’re not keeping up with what’s going on in the world around you, the political environment and economic cycles then how will you be able to manage in the dark? What will you do when interest rises or inflation jumps? How does the Fed impact your business? How can the nation’s budget deficit potentially cripple you? What are you doing today to minimize your taxes a few years from now? “This is why we make BIG bucks, right? We’re supposed to be navigating the ship, looking ahead, watching the horizon for potential storm clouds and reacting appropriately to ensure that we stay on course. This is the essence of my presentation.”
- Saturday concludes with a Closing Reception for all attendees.
“I’m too busy to attend.” “I can’t afford to be away from the office at that time.” The last thing you think you need to do is take valuable time off to attend another meeting, right? You can’t afford not to come to this meeting. No where else is there a gathering of companies that share so much with your firm.
Come & Learn what you’re missing!