EMDA’s Corporate Annual Meeting will be held Wednesday, October 26 during the EMDA Fall Convention in Orlando. The Annual Report to the Membership will include nominees for election and/or re-election to the Board, recognition of member milestones, and and updates on Association programs and future events.
Once the business portion of the meeting is done, we’re pleased to have Kim Schmidt, Executive Editor of Lessiter Media’s Ag Division, join us and give her perspectives on the industry.
Lessiter Media is well known as THE news source for the farm equipment industry. You won’t want to miss Kim as she shares her insights from Lessiter Media’s events, like the Dealership Minds Summit and their On The Record podcast, about the state of the industry, grower sentiment and their intentions to make large equipment purchases as well as dealers’ sales outlook for 2022 and 2023.
Since joining the company in June 2012, Kim has served as a writer and editor for Farm Equipment, Ag Equipment Intelligence and Rural Lifestyle Dealer, along with writing, hosting and helping produce the twice-monthly webcast On the Record. In that time, she has since advanced her role into Executive Editor of Farm Equipment. She also helps proofread for No-Till Farmer and Precision Farming Dealer and serves as the intern coordinator. Kim has now moved into a slightly different role and is currently the Executive Editor for the entire ag division, which includes supervising Lessiter Media’s grower titles as well (No-Till Farmer, Strip-Till Farmer and Cover Crop Strategies).
Some fun facts about Kim …
- Lessiter Media Brands: Farm Equipment, Ag Equipment Intelligence, Rural Lifestyle Dealer, Precision Farming Dealer, No-Till Farmer
- Education: B.A. in Journalism, Marquette University
- Favorite superhero: Captain Planet
- Favorite place in Milwaukee: My favorite place to be is Estabrook Park with my husband, son and dog, but my favorite place to drive is going north over the Hoan Bridge. It’s an amazing view of the city skyline — you have Lake Michigan to your east and to the west you can see the Domes, Miller Park and numerous church steeples in the distance.
- Mac or PC: Mac in the office but a PC at home
- Favorite ice cream flavor: It’s a toss-up between butter pecan and mint chocolate chip
- Person I’d most like to meet: Santa Claus…I’ve got some logistical questions I’ve needed answered since I was 5.
- No. 1 Bucket List goal: It’s not so much a bucket list goal, but my dream life would be living in a small German town along the Rhine River running a souvenir shop.
- Favorite quote: “Substitute ‘damn’ every time you’re inclined to write ‘very;’ your editor will delete it and the writing will be just as it should be.” — Mark Twain