Back by Popular Demand – EMDA roundtable discussions are scheduled for Tuesday, November 5 from 3:00p – 4:30p during the Fall Convention in St. Louis.
Roundtable discussions are a great place to share ideas, ask questions, and connect with your distributor and rep peers who know what you deal with everyday.
Five topics will be assigned to different tables —
- Technology Tools in use by Reps & Distributors. What technology, programs & apps do you use for managing yourself and territory.
- Amazon & other direct sellers: How do we compete?
- Sales Incentive programs….do they work for you?
- Industry trends and what approaches reps/wholesalers are taking to deal with them. For example shortline rep/distributor strategy to compete with TSC (& other box stores) and the growth of the hobby farmer and strategy to capitalize on this trend.
- Marketing in 2020: Are customers still using catalogs? With migration to improved web sites, how are you handling catalogs? How are you creating price lists? Who is using Catalog Builder with success? How do reps handle catalogs and price lists?
The EMDA Board is asking for volunteers to “moderate” each table. Basically, get the conversation started. Involve less confident participants and keep the discussion moving in a relaxed but purposeful way. If you’re looking to get more involved in the Association, this is a great place to start! Contact Pat if you’re willing to help.