The last thing you think you need to do is take valuable time off to attend a convention, right? Conventions are nothing more than a big party where you waste a lot of time and money when you could be in the office or on the road making money, right? You run your business the way you want to. Even in these strange, crazy, COVID times, you’re still in business so you must be doing something right, right? You handle all the product lines you want to, and don’t see any need to look for anything else that might ensure your company’s longevity, or diversity, right? Your business is unique, and there really aren’t any others exactly like it, right?
If you think you’re right, you’re wrong!
EMDA members share the same challenges you do. They share a commonality of purpose, operations, problems, and goals. EMDA’s Fall Convention provides a forum for contact with existing and potential suppliers, and perhaps just as importantly, the opportunity to rub elbows with fellow reps and distributors. But don’t take our word for it, this is what your peers say:
- We have access to a wealth of information on customers, and suppliers, from other EMDA members.
- Learning from fellow members is one of the outstanding opportunities derived from our membership not only at the convention but staying in touch year-round.
- Member Roundtable discussion sessions give us an opportunity to learn about important topics that impact our businesses and to exchange information on these issues.
- Most of our European suppliers look to EMDA to find potential customers.
- Attending the Convention gives us the ability to meet annually with many of our existing suppliers, at meetings where we can learn about the introduction of new products, product improvements, new sales programs, discuss product improvements that are needed for our specific region, what prices will be for the coming year, warranty issues, planning for factory representatives that might be traveling to our territory or attending our trade shows during the coming year and discussing possible factory or regional sales meetings.
- EMDA’s Contact Session provides a unique opportunity for contact with existing and potential suppliers. Two years in a row this has provided us with a lead and new product line we would not have otherwise discovered.
- Manufacturer attendees at the Convention stress the importance of the Contact Session. We were able to put a marketing plan together, then visit most of the distributors booths to open a dialogue on representing our products in North America.
Keep reading our newsletter/blog over the next weeks to learn more specifics on everything that will be going on in OKC to help you and your business. Now is the time to reconnect with your peers. Join us in OKC!