The National Association of Wholesaler-Distributors (NAW) is composed of wholesaler-distributors and a federation of international, national, regional, state and local associations and their member firms, which total more than 30,000 employers that have locations in all 50 states and the District of Columbia. NAW’s constituency is at the core of our economy—a vital link in the supply chain between manufacturers, retailers, and commercial, institutional and governmental end users. Distribution firms vary widely in size, employ more than 5.9 million American workers and account for nearly $5.7 trillion in annual U.S. economic activity, which is 6.0% of the overall economy. Wholesaler-distributors are either publicly held or closely held, family-owned companies that have served their local communities and regions for decades and, in some cases, for more than a century.
- Publications: NAW publications provide in-depth, authoritative information specific to wholesale distribution to help industry leaders build their knowledge and advance their firms to higher levels of profitability and performance. Also see Best Sellers and browse all NAW Publications. Be sure to indicate you’re a “Member of an NAW Member Association” to receive discount.
- Business Services: NAW’s strategic business-to-business service partners have a wide array of resources available to wholesaler-distributors. Check frequently to see updated and additional material about:
- Insurance (Private Healthcare Exchange; Employee Benefits, Property Casualty)
- Services (eCommerce Solutions; Financial Intelligence; Logistics/Shipping; Car Rental)
- Government Relations: The NAW government relations staff engages the legislative and executive branches of government on the industry’s behalf to impact the outcome of a wide range of legislative issues of interest to wholesaler-distributors and supply chain partners across all lines of trade.