All EMDA Convention registrants were sent an email invitation this morning to download EMDA’s new Convention App by Whova – and as of just a few minutes ago, almost half of our attendees have already downloaded it. New this year, the app is co-sponsored by the Farm Equipment Manufacturers Association as well, and all EMDA and FEMA member participants have been uploaded to the app.
You can also download the app by scanning the QR code that appears on the Appointment Books.
With the app, you’ll be able to:
- Explore the professional profiles of event speakers, attendees, and exhibitors
- Set up personal schedule reminders, even if you’re offline
- Send in-app messages, schedule meetings, and exchange contact info
- Network and find attendees with common affiliations, educations, shared networks, and social profiles
- Receive update notifications from organizers
- Access the event agenda, GPS guidance, maps, and parking directions at your fingertips
- Even, find other attendees to share rides from the airport
Our new Convention App by Whova helps you with smart networking by planning whom to meet with and what to talk about prior to events. The Business Card Reader digitizes any paper business card with one snapshot and gathers job history, professional connections, and much more. The Business Card Exchanger allows you to easily exchange digital business cards with others through a one-click process.
Last year 57% of EMDA convention attendees used the app – resulting in almost 1,500 profile views and more than 500 messages sent/received.
If you didn’t use the app last year, take 3 minutes and check out this tutorial to get the most out of the App: https://whova.com/resources/how-to-guide/user-tutorial/